Job Title: Sr. Director Contract Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 47703BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
The Sr. Director, Contract Manufacturing is responsible for partnering with the Divisions to identify, develop and execute the outsourcing strategy for Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG). The individual will be responsible for managing and growing the existing $175M+ Contract Manufacturing and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) spend. This position reports to the VP, Global Supply Chain, LSG.
The individual will lead a group responsible for managing all suppliers that provide sub-assemblies and or finished goods in LSG. This includes project or product identification, supplier selection, initial contract negotiations, supplier relationship management, productivity plans, key metrics, and insourcing/outsourcing program management. The preferred location for this position is Carlsbad, CA. This position requires a candidate who is strategic and has the ability to execute. An inquisitive, analytical and decisive leader will be highly successful in this position.
- Relationship development with Division, Business unit and Site Operations Leadership
- Works closely with suppliers, Division Operations, Category and Procurement Managers to identify opportunities, analyze data, recommend go/no-go, create a project plan and lead implementation
- Develop tools, processes and teams required to create and execute project funnel and coordinate support with the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Drive productivity and ensure goals are met or exceed Company requirements
- Coordinate with Technical Sourcing team to align with Business and Category Management
- Manages daily procurement, planning supply/demand/distribution, and first level problem resolution.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a Supply Chain discipline is preferred
- 7+ years sourcing experience required
- 7+ years OEM or contract manufacturing experience required
- 5+ years Supply Chain practical experience is preferred
- Experience with taking component build and developing sub-assemblies required
- Demonstrated strong project management skills
- Practical Process Improvement (PPI) or similar experience required
- Extensive experience with Make/Buy analysis, tools and application
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- General knowledge of basic Project Management Tools – project plans, timelines, risk assessments, etc.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.