When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Laboratory Chemical Products business has exceptional growth potential. The Laboratory Chemical Products business was built from several acquisitions and provides a full range of analytical reagents and discovery chemicals to Thermo Fisher’s core research markets worldwide. The Laboratory Chemical Products business has been identified as a strategic growth area for the company with expansion opportunities in the US, Europe and developing markets, particularly Asia. The business has 14 operational facilities in the US, Europe, and Asia, and sells a significant portion of its products through Thermo Fisher customers channels group in major Western markets. We’re currently looking for a 3rd Shift Machine Operator for our Bridgewater, NJ facility.
- Performs varied maintenance and minor repair work to keep the mechanical Filling Units and Packaging Equipment in good working condition. Required to work in a safe manner and under a minimum of supervision. Work requires knowledge of the purpose, construction, and assembly of the machinery and equipment and mechanical ability. Must participate in necessary training and successfully demonstrate the ability to operate the equipment.
- Examines machinery or equipment; determines and performs cleaning and minor repairs.
- Performs quality checks as instructed and records data as required. Executes changeovers of the packaging lines, often in conjunction with the machine mechanic, and makes operating adjustments as needed throughout the packaging line runs. Responsible for working safely and for producing quality products. Is expected to do all possible to minimize downtime and material losses. Keeps work area clean. Performs, as required, other duties incidental to the position.
- Responsible for the care and condition of any assigned company tools and equipment. Will perform all other duties as may apply to the existing job description. May work as a Chemical Packager (Filler) when required.
- The successful candidate will have basic mechanical aptitude and able to work with hand tools and gauges. Effective verbal and written communication skills including detail orientation and accuracy in documentation is required.
- Knowledge of safety standards is desirable.
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an environment with hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Previous experience in a chemical environment in preferred.
- A high school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 40 lbs with or without accommodations and the ability to work alternately in a seated or standing position is required.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.