The candidate will be responsible for developing the training curriculum on the Learning Management System, Thermo Fisher University, for a business unit or a market segment (like Research vs Applied Markets) across the Chromatography and Mass Spectroscopy Division. They will create the content after collecting inputs and data from Vertical Marketing, Business Unit Marketing, Business Unit Product Marketing, and Sales. This includes regularly updating the training modules to ensure highly professional content. The Instructional Designer will be located in a Thermo Fisher office either the US or EU or filed based in the US or EU.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Training Content and Update:
- Collects and coordinates content from various Marketing/Sales partners to design a highly professional training content for Sales, Sales Support and Demo Chemists.
- Designs various versions that are compatible with different regions in the World.
- Updates the content on a regular basis with the latest competitive information and internal/external proof statements.
- Ensures upbeat, fun, and engaging material.
- Creates specific training modules based on requests/inputs from Master Technical Trainers.
- Developing Storyboards
- Using various authoring tools to produce the relevant eLearning modules, video content, and performance support materials for a global audience while applying sound instructional design methodology in the development of eLearning solutions with rich media such as: graphics, audio, video, animation, interaction, and games.
- Training Certification:
- Creates the certification tests based on upper management requests/plans.
- Knowledge Assessment:
- Organizes annual “knowledge assessment” survey for the sales force as well as Sales Support/Demo Chemists in order to create and design the most appropriate training content.
- Responsible for updating existing training modules.
- Ensures that training modules are aligned with the training modules that have been created by other Instructional Designers.
- Competitive Analysis:
- Drives accurate and complete competitive analysis (systems/workflows and applications) based on inputs from customers, sales and marketing.
- Face to Face Training Events:
- Moderates training sessions.
- Vision and Continuous Improvements:
- Continuously improves training content with new media and new practices.
- Strong working knowledge of the food, beverage, and environmental markets
- Strong training design skills desired
- Strong of eLearning software such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Audition, Photoshop, Premiere, Camtasia a plus
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel at ease communicating regularly with marketing and business teams.
- In-depth knowledge of instructional design principles, learning models, best practices, and adult learning theory
- Ability to communicate with various partners (Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales, Customers, etc).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be goal orientated to accomplish tasks.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
- Willingness to travel up to 5-10% (domestic and international)
- Demonstrates Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Analyze the characteristics of existing and emerging technologies and their potential use in training
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or equivalent is required; advanced degree preferred
- Working knowledge of LC, LCMS and workflows, especially targeted screening, use of LC, GC instruments and sample preparation
- Experience in sales focused sales, marketing or product management, or customer education
- Strong instructional design insights
- Understands market/application/workflow based content.
This position has not been approved for relocation.