Working knowledge of domestic and international shipping procedures, experience in shipping, handling and packaging of hazardous materials a plus. Work experience in GLP/GMP environment and/or DOT/IATA certification a plus.
· Daily pickups/deliveries of customer materials to various locations throughout customer site
· Packaging and shipping preparation of customer outbound lab material or packages
· Communication with regulatory groups to ensure shipment compliance
· Follow industry standards for GLP/GMP documentation
· Working with end user community to coordinate shipments and deliveries
· Create and maintain work instructions
· Analyze/maintain/reconcile various reports to ensure customer and ULS requirements are met
· Communicate with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems
· Embrace Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
· Positively represent ULS at all times throughout customer locations
· Perform any other duties as assigned
· Capture monthly metrics as determined by leadership
· Daily use of multiple customer and ULS systems
· Strong attention to detail in daily work environment and safety procedures
· Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent and preferably an Associate degree at minimum
· 2+ years working in lab environment is preferred
· Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
· Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience
· Display a high level of confidentiality for both customer and ULS
· Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientific's Four-I Values
· Proven excellence in customer service skills
· Detail oriented, problem solver, promote team environment
· Computer/software skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
· Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
· Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
· Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
· Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
· Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
· Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
· Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
· Show concern for well-being and success of others.
· Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer¡¦s organization.
· Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
· Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
· May be required to work independently at customer location
· Extensive walking may be required
· May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.)
· Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
· May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
· Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety glasses, safety shoes, and/or safety gloves
· Must be able to work hours required to get the job done