When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Cleans, assembles and brazes products to print, work order and product specifications, checks connections for leaks using dry nitrogen pressure. Visually inspects the unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and ensures best quality products within current takt times. Fully engages with team and other associates to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous improvement in the plant. Operator will cut, form, braze wrap and leak check assemblies following SOEs and standard work.
- Reviews and interprets assembly drawings, work orders, and production schedules for product specifications.
- Ensure that inventory is managed with the Kanban process and report any shortages to cell leader or supervision.
- Cleans, assembles and brazes systems using a variety of procedures and equipment.
- Assembles component according to work station instructions and drawings as required. Checks connections for leaks, using dry nitrogen pressure.
- Installs and brazes Hanson fittings.
- Releases nitrogen from system and connects to vacuum pump for evacuation.
- Leak checks brazed assemblies using vacuum pumps, helium and leak check machine
- Visually inspects unit before passing to next work cell. Assists in quality control procedures.
- Replaces components as instructed; reworks units rejected by quality control.
- Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
- Completes appropriate internal control documents including Final Inspection Sheets, Total Quality Control sheets and Traveler sheets.
- Enters product related information into computer system to track bar codes, locations or production rates.
- Troubleshoots work related problems by using technical expertise and input from other team members, Supervisor, Coordinators or Engineering team.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban inventory system. Maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.
- Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
- Receives verbal instructions, reads production board or confers with Supervisor or Coordinators for instructions and priorities.
- Fully engaged, initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
- Supports Continuous Improvement, PPI and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace.
- Participates on teams using Microsoft software for data analysis or presentations. Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete PM
- Requires high school diploma or GED
- Beginner Computer skills or wiliness to learn.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Preferred manufacturing experience
- Preferred brazing or welding experience
- NC Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.