When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The role of the Technical Support Specialist is to provide technical support and consultation to service personnel and customers, primarily in the North American marketplace but occasionally to the rest of the World. The position will specifically be supporting the Antibodies and Immunoassays Systems portfolio. Products and technology are focused around flow cytometry, ELISA, Western blotting, immunohistochemistry, and Luminex bead-based assays.
- Provide technical support via phone or electronically to customers, external and internal.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of Antibodies and Immunoassays products and services.
- Maintain highly accurate records in the service database for compliance regulations.
- Provide basic application support for internal and external customers.
- Assist in developing and implementation of plans to improve technical services and capabilities while working towards corporate/individual revenue and customer allegiance goals.
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Marketing and Field Sales. Provide feedback to factory personnel for product improvements.
- Strive to increase customer satisfaction on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned by Technical Support Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on experience with BS degree,
- Previous laboratory experience with flow cytometry required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Detailed understanding of Windows based software and flow cytometry analysis software.
- MS or PhD preferred
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience with MS degree or 1-year hands-on experience with PhD.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.