How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $18 billion, we have more than 55,000 employees and serve over 400,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinic diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands: Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Sales Manager Chromatography Consumables Benelux
The Area Sales Representative (Manager) Benelux has the responsibility to implement a specific regional strategy that will expand sales for Thermo Fisher Scientific. This person will be responsible for proactive account management with existing customers, business development activities with new customers and support the management of our channel partners for the assigned region of Benelux
What will be your key duties and responsibilities?
- Achieve or exceed sales targets for your designated territory
- Execute on strategic and tactical sales plans for the assigned territory to ensure booking and revenue objectives are met
- Make in-depth visits to both direct and indirect (dealers) customers at the procurement and end user level
- Work closely and coordinate sales efforts with fellow Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial team members in the region
- Regular business reviews with the dealers outlining performance against KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators)
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the competitor activity
- Provide feedback on a regular basis outlining regional activity including specific customer initiatives, competitor activity, promotions, outstanding issues, and upcoming plans
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of the sales force automation system (Salesforce.com)
- Ensure detail is accurate, provided in accordance with company procedures and on time
- A Bachelor degree in science
- Excellent negotiation skills, written and verbal communication
- Outstanding organizational, planning, presentation & interpersonal skills
- Able to act within a matrix organization
- Fluency in Dutch and English is required (verbal & written). Knowledge of French is a strong benefit.
- 3-5 years of Laboratory sales experience (in a distribution environment)
- Thorough knowledge of Liquid Chromatography
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, industrial and academic segments would be beneficial but not required
- Ability to travel extensively (50-60%)
- Ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition to meet customer needs which includes all relative components of the company’s capabilities
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, SFDC a plus
- Outgoing and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings including one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations
- Strong work-ethic and flexible work hours as dealing with customers and colleagues across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated 4-I values (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement)
- Valid driver’s license
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.