When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As a member of the Custom Cell within Grand Island Operations, the successful applicant will be responsible for developing packaging designs to meet customer requirements. The packaging engineer will have frequent interactions with customers, sales representatives, product managers and business development professionals on current and new packaging opportunities.
1) The successful candidate will work independently and utilize knowledge of current product designs, materials, industry requirements, and processes to drive revenue growth through the design of flexible and rigid packaging products that address customer workflows.
2) Demonstrate product capability through building prototypes, testing and validation of the developed design for customer approval
3) Excellent communication skills and ability to educate commercial team and customers (as needed) on current packaging offerings and best practice is required.
4) Proficiency with AutoCAD application or other 3d modeling software is preferred.
5) The successful candidate can expect to visit customers when needed with members of the Business/Commercial Team to design custom solutions based on unique customer workflows.
6) The successful candidate will need to develop packaging designs approved by the customer and ensure design for manufacturability
7) The candidate will also support/lead product productivity initiatives on packaging by working with the suppliers, procurement and manufacturing teams
8) The candidate will focus on customer inquiries on packaging requirements to develop packaging solutions around liquid and powder technologies
9) The candidate will also be actively involved in trouble shooting customer packaging concerns by interacting with the technical services team and the engineering team.
- Bachelors degree in Packaging Engineering or related engineering degree and minimum 1 years’ experience.
- The successful applicant will have a package engineering, materials science or process development background, experience with the implementation of flexible packaging and disposables into cell culture workflows and ability to work with customers one-on-one in a consulting role to design custom products and lead them through implementation. The candidate must have excellent time management and communication skills.
- The Packaging Engineer will be a customer-facing thought leader and consultant in the design of an engineering/technical response to new product/application opportunities. In addition, the Packaging Engineer will work proactively to translate new technologies and best practices into new product offerings.
- Master’s degree in Packaging Engineering
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry with demonstrated accomplishments in packaging design.
Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.