Job ID :
US - Tennessee - Memphis
- Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse personnel to ensure safe, clean and efficient operation of the distribution facility.
- On a daily basis work with Operations Management in the development and implementation of functional area work schedules to assure effective and efficient operations
- Communicate information from management to floor and vice versa.
- Engage in daily management, Gemba walks, 5S and Practical Process Improvement on a daily basis
- Maintains the Warehouse and Distribution areas under Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensures that inventory is properly and safely stored. Maintains warehouse for safety, security, neatness and organization.
- Identifies discrepancies as they arise, uses problem solving abilities to investigate deviations and complaints.
- Prioritizes work assignments and handles multiple tasks to ensure all Distribution assigned tasks are completed as scheduled. Takes on additional tasks willingly and as needed.
- Carry out change controls for changes to processes and/or SOP’s
- Ensures all Thermo Fisher Scientific Standard Operating Procedures are followed and all personnel are trained on all required SOP’s
- Write deviations, perform investigations and determine appropriate CAPAs
- Assist Management to meet Supply Chain Management Departmental goals
- Performs various administrative duties as directed by the Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of Distribution/Warehouse experience and a minimum of 2 years supervisory skills or equivalent.
- Competent in all aspects of inventory management, distribution and warehouse procedures
- Ability to lead and develop team momentum, enthusiasm, and pride
- Ability to work as part of team within Distribution and across QA, Client Services and Supply Chain departments
- Ability to direct a workforce to accomplish assigned tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience working in all aspects of a Quality Management System i.e. Complaints, Deviations, Change Controls, CAPAs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and possess problem solving ability