Job ID :
US - Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Maintain, support, and troubleshoot IT equipment and services for for approx. 40 employees consisting of virtualized servers, networking systems, computers, peripherals, barcode scanners, printers, and client and server based applications at the Milwaukee location. When necessary assist the Rockford IT team with providing the same services to approx. 375 employees in the Rockford, IL location.
- Configure and deploy hardware and software per company standards and site requirements
- Work cross-functionally among all groups and all levels of management in the organization while collaborating with GIS and other shared services to implement company standards and solutions as needed
- Assist with maintenance of the telecom system and vendor management
- Assist with system back-up process and disaster recovery planning
- Update and maintain IT asset records of all computers equipment and software licenses
- Provide on-call and off-hours support as necessary to ensure proper functioning of business processes. Assist with and monitor recovery actions
- Comply with and support the requirements of all legal responsibilities of the company, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and PCI
- Work with the business to collect and translate business insight, ideas and concepts into clearly defined requirements for system design and improvements.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the business processes as well as a strong working rapport with business users.
- Coordinate and assist the technical efforts of other IT groups and external vendors to ensure the effective development, modification, testing and implementation of systems within the assigned business area.
- Perform reporting, data query and analysis, as required or requested by the business.
- Remain technically competent with current industry leveraging all available resources
- Other duties apparent or assigned
- Three years’ business experience in a manufacturing environment
- Three years’ experience with Vmware and Microsoft software Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Windows 7 and 10 desktop OS, Office/O365 applications, etc. In addition, experience in PC Help Desk (ServiceNow)/PC Client Support preferred. Experience with SharePoint, Lotus Notes, and backup software is a plus
- One to three years of Systems Analyst and /or Software Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of SQL and MS Access is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications, interpersonal, and able to interact with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and users
- Ability to manage concurrent activities and multiple priorities; self-directed
- Project Management and Change Management experience
- Must have the necessary communication skills to understand and diagnose problems for end-users at all levels of the company
- Routinely works in office environment
- Occasional exposure to laboratory environment with associated chemicals
- Constantly operates a computer
- Regularly handles files, paper, folders, and other documentation
- Regularly writes down information; contributes to and practices good knowledge management
- Frequently lifts up to 50 pounds; stretch, bend, and use fine motor skills to connect cables, hardware, and install software
- May be called upon for occasional overnight business travel to other Thermo Fisher Scientific operating sites
- Travel is estimated to be no more than 20% as we would like this position to work from the Rockford, IL location 3 – 4 days a month.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technology strongly preferred. Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Information Technology; or 5 years in an IT Service or Business Systems role will be considered.