The Production Team Leader oversees the day–to–day manufacturing operations including, but not limited to, the safety and well being of all associates in the manufacturing center. The Team Leader must monitor all processes and personnel and ensure that they have the training and equipment to safely and efficiently meet customer needs. Assists production management in the development and implementation of new operations practices, processes and technologies to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost. Manage conflict effectively to resolve issues effectively. Use Lean tools to reduce scrap and improve operational efficiencies, product quality and regulatory compliance.
- Staff Hiring – Maintain appropriate staffing, interview applicants, and make recommendations for qualified candidates. Staff Training – Ensure proper training in safety, core competencies, and continuous improvement for new and existing employees.
- Staff Motivation – Create a team environment through motivation and positive feedback, counseling and corrective action as necessary up to and including dismissal for nonqualified or nonproductive employees (with HR assistance).
- Create and maintain a safe work environment by engaging the associates in reporting potential safety hazards, support of the EH&S guidelines and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions. Investigate safety problems, develop corrective actions with EH&S and implement and communicate changes.
- Continuously assess the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness. Implement 5S and maintain through audit process.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Standard Work, and Device History Records (DHRs) to ensure consistent and reliable processes and procedures that comply with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations/ Quality System Regulation (QSR) guidelines, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Process employee time records, absences, overtime, paid time off, etc while maintaining proper staffing.
- Manage daily operations to include being responsible for all incident reporting and immediate action steps.
- Communicate effectively with other company departments to achieve operational goals.
- Maintain a professional demeanor during stressful situations, make informed decisions and communicate these decisions up and down the chain.
- Ensure production schedules, quality initiatives, safety targets, efficiency metrics, and other operational measurements are met for the functions.
- Implement and maintain work areas within the spirit and guidelines of 5S in accordance with Lean manufacturing and company guidelines.
- Comply with all Local, State and Federal regulations regarding employees.
- Comply with and ensure associate compliance with all applicable SOPs.
- Evaluate job performance of employees through performance reviews making appropriate recommendations for improvement in productivity and efficiency and administering a developmental plan for all associates.
- Emergency contact for after hour’s incidents. May be contacted by local law enforcement, fire department, and Thermo Fisher Scientific upper management.
- Conduct employee coaching and counseling for attendance, performance, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Use the PPI business system tools for continuous improvement of processes.
- Other duties as assigned based on business need.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree (either obtained or in process) and a minimum of 2-4 years of equivalent experience in a related field.
- Leadership in core values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Management, analytical and conflict resolution skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused and drive
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, Excel, Power Point, and related systems.
- Experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement is highly preferred.
- Strong process/systems aptitude and knowledge along with process industry experience.
- Business Management, Manufacturing, Operations, or equivalent work related experience.
- Physical ability to tolerate loud noises. Ability to bend, stand, and work on concrete 10 + hours per day at temperature ranges between 40F and 90F.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance.