Job Title: European Business Operations Director, ImmunoDiagnostics Division
Reports To: VP Commercial Operations Europe
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
No. of Direct Reports: 2-3
The European Business Operations Director is responsible for driving Operational Excellence across the European Sales, Marketing and Customer Support functions in Europe. The role is tasked with enabling Europe to achieve AOP by ensuring all assets are optimally deployed and are returning maximum ROI for the Company.
Reporting to the VP for Commercial Operations, The BO Director will focus on identifying the right target areas for investment, ensuring customer-facing roles are of the right skill-set, and implementing Commercial Excellence programmes across Europe. Critical to the role will be the standardization of approaches to sales & support training, Commercial Excellence in Sales & Marketing functions, and overseeing the discipline of pricing and contract compliance.
The BO Director will also lead the strategic engagement with Key Accounts in Europe, agreeing priorities and target accounts with the VP Europe and the Country Managers.
The role will be responsible for managing the functions of Business Intelligence, Learning & Development (with a focus on product knowledge and sales skills) and Key Account Management of the leading Accounts in Europe.
As a member of the European Leadership Team, the BO Director will be pivotal in leading commercial business initiatives designed to enhance efficiency, drive synergies and establish ‘best practice’ across Europe.
The BO Director will act as the Project Lead for Operational Effectiveness initiatives with an objective of achieving/exceeding IDD Europe’s annual revenue, growth, and profitability targets.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing Sales & Customer Support Training, Key Account Management and Business Intelligence to ensure qualitative support to Commercial Operations Europe.
- Serve as the Project Lead for any activities aimed at driving Operational Effectiveness. Including where relevant, developing systems/process standardization, integration and implementation.
- Lead on Pricing strategy for Europe and ensure contracts and customer offers are in line with approved policies
- Help Cluster Managers to identify customer targets and relevant business opportunities from the current and future portfolio. Establish Launch trackers and KPIs for successful implementation of sales & marketing initiatives
- Ensure contract compliance is managed effectively and regularly reviewed within EU sales organization, improve commercial excellence and legal compliance of clusters in cooperation with Cluster Managers
- Ensure VP and Cluster Managers have timely business Information to drive revenue and achieve AOP goals for Sales & EBITA
- Assist the VP, Commercial Operations in identifying the optimal deployment of resources in the major European markets, focusing on Countries which will maximize mid & long-term ROI. Share best practice in organizational, tactical and strategic initiatives to improve the efficiency of the organization. Serve as the Project Lead to implement approved initiatives.
- Provide analysis of overall historical sales trends for key product groups to assist in long range strategic sales and organizational planning. Work with VP & Finance to develop robust planning process to build the European AOP submission.
- Accountable for routine benchmarking of Sales, Customer Service and Technical Support productivity and implementation of best practice sharing programs to improve efficiency.
- Ensure Key European Accounts are identified, needs are understood and appropriate coverage & investment is made to drive growth with these strategic partners.
- Demonstrated Sales Operations experience is desirable or working in a similar commercial excellence role, monitoring sales processes and KPI’s.
- Commercial experience in large sales organization responsible for consumable and capital sales with demonstrated achievement with a minimum 3-5 years of highly successful sales management at a senior level.
- Strong role model sales leader with ability to develop and motivate people at all levels.
- A solid foundation in financial skills used in a selling environment.
- Exceptional analytical capability and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, ability to network with Senior Leaders and to manage effectively in a matrix.
- Ability to analyse numbers, spot trends and present succinctly with clear recommendations for action.
- Available to travel >50%
Non negotiable hiring criteria
- Proven experience of driving improvement and efficiency in commercial environment through sales processes, KPI’s, CRM or similar
- Ability to influence key stakeholders in matrix environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrable ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to travel.