You will be responsible for
Manufacturing Engineer Manager is responsible for a significant team of engineers approximately 15-20 engineers and technicians, continuously improving manufacturing processes using lean manufacturing practices evaluating, developing, documenting and optimizing processes as well as developing new technology and expertise in automation, mechatronics, and conveyance systems throughout the Marietta Site location.
• Responsible for establishing Best-In-Class application of Lean or Six Sigma methodologies, lead and facilitate development and implementation of manufacturing process and equipment upgrades for manufacturability including automation, efficiency, safety and ergonomics.
• The person in this role will contribute to developing and driving LPD’s Operational Excellence methodology, developing/advising on LPD’s Manufacturing initiatives, as well as working with Value Stream Managers and Site leaders on improvement efforts for day-to-day operations.
• Conducts thorough studies of existing conditions and analyzes needed changes to achieve required manufacturing KPIs. Selecting, initiating, and driving improvement projects, including Automation, Robotics, Mechatronics and practical kaizen training events, serving as a critical resource to foster the use of Lean Manufacturing and problem solving tools throughout the site.
• Collaboration on Best Practices for manufacturing tools, equipment, processes and lean usage across manufacturing sites globally within LPD, NA, EU and Asia.
• Travel approximately 10%
Your education and experience
• Minimum requirements to educational background
o Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial engineering or Equivalent Engineering degrees.
o 5 plus years of experience in Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
• Minimum requirements to working experience
o Prior leadership or team lead experience strongly preferred.
o Demonstrated success in plant process development, improvement and management
o Understanding of continuous improvement concepts such as Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, and Lean Manufacturing
o Resource Planning experience and understanding preferred or capability to develop.
o Six Sigma Green or Black belt or equivalent progress in lean experience and education.
o Motivated leadership and results driven (demonstrated above average results)
o Ability to overcome resistance, influence and instruct employees in change
o Superior written and oral communication
o Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and executing complex projects on time and within budget
o Able to handle complex situations, solve problems, be decisive with a high sense of urgency
o Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups or customers.
o Able to influence up and down the business structure
o Confident, personable, effective communicator
o Skilled in facilitating and training
o Demonstrated problem-solver
o System-savvy innovator of solutions