How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $18 billion, we have more than 55,000 employees and serve over 400,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinic diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands: Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Customer Service Operations Coordinator Benelux – Breda/The Netherlands
What will you do?
You will be part of the Unity Lab Services Group (ULS) within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Unity Lab Services is the service brand of Thermo Fisher Scientific providing a single source for integrated lab service, support and supply management. ULS customized service offerings and world-class service experts have the flexibility and experience to uniquely address our customer business needs. Whether customers are looking to arrange for service on one instrument, or are seeking resources to manage service and support for all of their labs, there is a Unity Lab Services solution to meet the customer’s business needs.
To deliver service solutions without boundaries, programs are offered for all instruments, equipment and laboratory supplies, regardless of vendor. As a laboratory partner, Unity Lab Services provides researchers what they need, when they need it, to maximize their ability to focus on science and drive innovation.
The ULS Customer Service Operations Coordinator is responsible to ensure and deliver efficient, above-expectation experiences to our Benelux customers with regards to 3 key elements: Installation Coordination (50%), Dispatching (25%) and Quoting of Services (25%).
What will be your key duties and responsibilities?
Coordination of the complete installation process:
The Unity Lab Services (ULS) Customer Service Operations Coordinator owns the complete coordination process for new instrument installations, from the point of order, pre-installation, shipments to final installation and customer acceptance. You will be working closely with dispatch, order processing, sales and application support.
Summary of tasks:
- Pre installation courtesy call handling.
- Pre installation checks (including Order Transmittal Form, Installation pre-visits as needed).
- Shipment/Install. Date planning together with the customers, sales, order processing and sales rep.
- Engineer installation planning/prioritization together with the responsible dispatcher.
- Ensure after-installation date, coordination of sold training/application support together with European sales support team.
- Handling and tracking of Post-installation follow-up courtesy call.
- Establish close service-sales relationship, attending local sales meetings.
- Record all installation jobs in the appropriate database.
- Allocate installations to correct field service engineer.
- Keep the customer updated on progress.
- Check installations parts required have been sent out by factory or third party vendor.
- Keep track of Installation Response Time (IRT = 8 days).
- File engineers installation job sheets – electronic and hard copies.
- Sell extended warranty possibilities -when not sold already at point sales.
Summary of tasks:
- Take and log all customer calls into appropriate database.
- Forward calls to correct field service engineer or tech support.
- Arrange FSE visits to the customer in a timely manner.
- Check status of parts orders placed at the European Distribution Centre.
- Ensure (contract) maintenance Service jobs are scheduled in a timely fashion.
- Maintenance of customer history on the company service databases and ensure amendments are made in a timely manner.
- Provide cover for other Dispatchers as required.
Instrument repairs, relocations, qualifications, reinstallations and maintenance.
Summary of tasks:
- Make sure quotes are created within 2 days after receipt of required information from Engineers or Tech Support
- Use Customer Master Data for Quote Creation from company specific ERP system (SAP).
- Create a quote in SAP based on received technical information from Tech support.
- Send out quote to customer and follow up.
- Commitment to providing an excellent level of Customer Service
- Service Sales experience
- Minimum 2 years Customer Service admin experience working in a (large) service organization
- Flexible personality, good prioritization skills
- A thorough approach and attention to detail
- Team player, ability to work with different stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills ,good telephone skills
- Good command of English both verbal/written
- French verbal/written is a plus
- Good coordination and planning skills are fundamental prerequisites
- Willingness to visit customers (when required and based on your level of technical skills)
- Good keyboard skills and intermediate level PC skills – Word Excel/Outlook
- SAP Experience is a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.
Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.