When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Process Improvement Analyst will evaluate process areas within R&D, capture and document business processes based on best practices and company-specific business requirements, and facilitate the reflection of these processes in business systems. Duties include writing detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify processes. This position will follow established process modeling and evaluation guidelines to determine the effectiveness of current activities and identify areas for improvement and development of solutions supporting these processes. Under the direction of the Director R&D, must perform the following key functions to support various projects:
- Plan/Manage business program tasks and roll-outs.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate current state (as-is) and future state (to-be) business processes, systems and user needs.
- Work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) to fully understand, vet, and document requirements via facilitated sessions either in face-to-face and/or virtual team environments.
- Create clear, concise, and comprehensive requirements documentation to be used in system design, development and testing of changes.
- Create/document process models of as-is and to-be business processes using established tools and methods to capture necessary detail behind the processes.
- Work with Systems Analysts on clarification of business requirements which will drive system requirements, design, and development/configuration.
- Support user acceptance testing and deployment efforts.
- Support business systems activities as well as continuous process improvement.
- Provide periodic status reports on all activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is ideal for an individual with strong process orientation and a continual improvement mindset. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited College/University or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- 2-4 years post graduate work experience as a Business Analyst or similar function with a focus on process analysis/modeling.
- Strong skills with spreadsheet, word processing, presentation, and flowcharting/mapping software.
- Advanced knowledge of commonly-used requirements and data gathering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong process modeling skills.
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies in web, database, and distributed system environments.
- Must be highly analytical and able to develop creative solutions to complex business problems.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in multi-discipline and multicultural settings.
- Must organize/prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and function effectively as a small-team member.
- Understanding of financials is preferred.
- Exposure to R&D groups is preferred.
- Attendance is a required function of this position.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.