The Market Development Manager is a member of the Global Market Development Team within the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This position is responsible for participating in the development and execution of global marketing programs, go-to-market strategies and demand generation for real-time PCR assay products. The successful candidate should have a combination of technical and marketing skills/knowledge and will coordinate closely with multiple functional teams (e.g. Product Management, Regional Market Development, Services, Support, Training, eBusiness, etc) and outside vendors to execute integrated marketing programs designed to help achieve global sales, marketing, and revenue goals.
- Possess a strong understanding of real-time PCR technology & applications.
- Able to identify and understand new application uses for existing technology and new product introductions
- Be comfortable training on technical topics to regional marketing and field sales when necessary
- Partner with product management to identify and develop market opportunities
- Define target segments and create value propositions and key messages germane to each segment
- Develop and execute Go-to-Market strategies and tactics (i.e. marketing campaigns, programs and projects) to drive initial adoption, generate demand and on-going usage and create loyal customers
- Able to identify voice of customer and incorporate into marketing plans
- Perform market sensing & competitive intelligence
- Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking
- Possess excellent project/program management, organization, time-management, planning, and budgeting skills
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills, with attention to detail and have the ability to communicate/influence internally and externally with different businesses and management levels
- Able to work cross-functionally in a matrix organization
- Develop and execute global marketing programs for new and existing products within the real-time PCR assays portfolio; translate programs into tactical marketing plans and execute through development of sales tools & other marketing materials.
- Drive marketing activities for key product launches in real-time PCR assay products.
- Create and implement appropriate marketing content across multiple channels, including social media, web, video and print.
- Develop sales force training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D and commercial teams.
- Partner with ebusiness & digital marketing teams to drive online growth of products.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- Work closely with regional marketing development managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions.
- Identify key performance indicators to measure success and report out metrics on a routine basis.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related discipline with 3+ years of scientific industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing role with demonstrated core competences: 4Ps, marketing mix, marketing communication, channels, segmentation, value proposition, market research analysis, and marketing program development and execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication and the ability to present publically to varying audience sizes.
- Ability to collaborate across functional teams and geographies
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to distill complex information into concise and easy to understand concepts
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)