Specifically, the position will:
Consult on the formation of new partnership agreements, and provide an overview of newly executed partnership agreements within the Organization, highlighting specific obligations and deliverables under the agreement; Organize and facilitate collaboration meetings, including record keeping and reporting; Organize and facilitate internal meetings in support of strategic partnerships; Track mutual obligations under partnership agreements; provide regular updates on progress against obligations; Early identification of partnership issues that could compromise the mutual success of the partnership; Identify and initiate the appropriate dispute resolution mechanisms as per the partnership agreement; Responsible for ensuring ample communication and reporting within the partnership, and within the Organization. Establish scalable processes for consistency and continuity.
Success of this role will be measured by:
- Hitting contract product development, regulatory, and commercialization/marketing milestones
- Meeting project deliverables and timeline agreed by the Organization and partner companies
- Partner satisfaction ratings
The successful candidate will be dynamic, team oriented, able to partner well with all functional management. S/he will be strategic, yet detail oriented and able to think across disciplines to inject a degree of business rigor and consistency in performance and results.
- Bachelors Degree (business, legal, finance or life sciences discipline is a plus).
- 5+ years' relevant diagnostics/biotech tools industry experience with at least 3 or more years' work experience in legal, finance, contract development & administration, business development, licensing, strategic planning, or product development.
- Prefer candidate can demonstrate knowledge of the overall IVD development process relevant to diagnostic/biotech tools organizations.
- Proven proficiencies with a wide range of data/information – scientific/clinical, legal/regulatory, business, financial and market analytics.
- Demonstrable abilities to translate complex contract terms and conditions into strategic and operational elements for both internal and external parties.
- Exceptional business acumen, credibility and integrity.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding professional/work-related objectives, goals and targets.
- Proven ability to operate independently, with little to no day-to-day direct supervision of work.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Capacity to work cross-functionally and to influence people with or without direct authority.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
MBA or other graduate-level degree is a plus; multi-disciplinary experience is a plus; prior alliance management and/or entrepreneurial experience a definite plus.