When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and basic preventative maintenance of industrial equipment and meters
- Replacing air and water filters based on CMMS schedule
- Working with steam cleaners, vacuum cleaner, bleach and other various cleaning agents for sanitization duties
- Collection of water samples and swabs for laboratory testing
- Cleaning of well filters, roof drains, process water tanks and slurry from press filter plates
- Fork lift operation as required for dumping of slurry hoppers
- Daily maintenance of water treatment system, chart recorders and bleach tanks
- Ability to read and interpret meters, gauges and other measuring instruments.
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained and working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Completing assigned tasks by dates and priorities
- Filling out work orders daily
- Tracking time in MP2 or other CMMS Systems ensuring that paid hours are accounted for correctly.
- Consistently providing and supporting the overall sanitation of equipment throughout the facility, accommodating shifting schedules to meet the needs of the business and maintenance goals (i.e. plant shut downs) and providing critical support to Value Streams.
- Maintain and improve inventory for sanitation duties pertaining to production equipment
- Use of PPE and LOTO procedures to facilitate safety requirements
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift 70 lbs, work standing on hard surfaces, ladders, under and around equipment for entire shift.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma/GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Computer literate
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position has not been approved for relocation benefits.