When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As Business Development & Account Manager you will ensure delivery of targets by selling Chromatography instruments to both the private and public sectors within a defined geographical area. This exciting new role has responsibility for the sales development of two market leading products, the New GC Orbitrap/Exactive High Resolution Accurate Mass Gas Chromatography and GC Triple Quadrupole.
The successful candidate will interface with all members of sales, support and service groups within Chromatography whilst supporting cross-selling activities with other CMD (Chromatography & Mass Spec Division) products & Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions.
- Business development activity seeking out new accounts within your defined territory whilst servicing existing accounts, consistently achieving or exceeding order booking targets
- Expand market share for Thermo Fisher Scientific gas chromatography instruments in your assigned territory – UK for GC Orbitrap Product Range/ South UK for GC Triple
- To identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape and align their requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities, offering and effectively communicating solutions to meet their needs
- Negotiate contracts, close orders with end users and purchasing departments whilst supporting procurement processes
- Provide accurate timely monthly sales forecasts to sales management and market insight (where required) to effectively manage performance and assist in future planning of financial performance
- Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company sales database (SFDC)
- Exchange Account Information and Sales Leads internally across Thermo Fisher Scientific commercial divisions
- Organise/attend and support through technical and business presentations (where required), trade shows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events
- Work collaboratively and effectively with internal colleagues in Sales and Service groups to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services at all times
- Networking internally & externally to keep abreast of product & market development
- Minimum Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline preferably with a strong sales or technical background in GC-MS or High Resolution GC operation/sales,
- A track record of success in solutions sales of capital equipment preferred
- Strong consideration also given to hands-on experience with Mass Spectrometry LCMS or GCMS (Ion Traps, Triple Quadrupoles, Orbitraps and TOFs). Alternatively a candidate with no sales experience but someone with a strong commercial awareness and a good knowledge of Gas Chromatography would be considered
- A broad familiarity of the following industries: Pharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food/Flavors, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, and Chemical Industry
- Ability to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans
- The position requires the ability to travel within your defined geographical area and on occasions to facilities across Europe
- Must reside within assigned Territory
- Ability to travel
- Hold a valid Driving license
Recruiter: Jennifer Watt, email@example.com
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com