To maintain the FCS applications, make data changes in accordance with FCS data change process and produce reports as required ensuring service of the applications is provided to a high standard of production and availability
- To respond and resolve IT application requests and queries logged via the IT Support Help Desk in accordance to priorities set and the associated SLA’s. To provide guidance and IT support to FCS users when called upon in respect of our applications.
- To generate database queries to extract data to either reporting tools if for end users as guided by the Help Desk or Desktop & Application support supervisor.
- To create documentation required by our business regulations to support data changes and database development.
- To organise workload to ensure priority is given to critical systems in association with the Desktop & Application support supervisor.
- To gain reasonable knowledge through internal training of the FCS business in order to contribute to the development of bespoke systems.
- To assist with the installation, control and maintenance of the applications and databases for FCS Horsham.
- Ensure all IT SOPs relating to application development are followed to deliver an IT service in accordance with the regulations governing our business.
- Interface with FCS users to provide support as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with all company health and safety regulations.
- To undertake any other duties in accordance with the role as directed by the IT Manager
- SQL Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) - Essential
- SQL Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate – Desirable
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification - Essential
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Experience of MS-SQL to an advanced level, including the development of triggers, stored procedures, and functions
- Experience of MSSQL Server Reporting services and integration services
- Experience of programming in VBA, C++ or Java
- In depth knowledge of SQL Server database engine (internal workings)
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Helpdesk Level 1, 2, and 3 support