This position is pivotal to the company’s growth and is responsible for supporting the product management team in their day to day operations of the laboratory consumables product portfolio.
This includes the development and dissemination of resource materials and product training to the commercial teams to enable the business to grow profitably whilst ensuring a customer centric approach that is aligned to the company’s commercial strategies.
- Assist Product Management in the provision of resource material to commercial teams, including product information, pricing, product availability, alternatives and substitutes, in order to maximize the conversion of opportunities to sales.
- Liaise with suppliers and procurement teams regarding product availability and specifications, options and related queries.
- Assist Product Management in the preparation of Request For Proposals (RFPs) and Tenders.
- Liaise with Procurement and Freight Agents to assist in the importation of product to Australia and New Zealand.
- Provide technical information to Product Support teams to assist in addressing customer queries relating to the specified portfolio.
- In conjunction with Product Management, liaise with cross functional groups and segment Marketing Managers in the development of marketing collateral (including e marketing) to drive growth.
- Liaise with both internal and external customers to ensure that relevant information including product change notifications and specific customer tailored reports are generated and disseminated in a timely manner.
- Liaise with product support to ensure internal databases are kept up to date with correct product information.
- Liaise with the service team for product installations and warranty claims
- 70% of the time will be spent on the Small Benchtop Equipment portfolio and 30% on the Sample Characterization (Materials Science) portfolio.
- Tertiary qualification (i.e. University degree or similar) in any Science.
- Prior experience in sales – ideally in scientific products or a related field.
- High level of familiarity and competence in computer use; specifically Microsoft Office Suite applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- High level of commercial and business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to build strong relationships with staff, customers and suppliers and pass on required knowledge, gaining their confidence and co-operation.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize based on key result areas, to manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- Highly motivated and resourceful individual that constantly seeks new ways to improve how work is done.