The Field Service Engineer is travel based position in the Boston/Cambridge area that works at customer sites to ensure customer allegiance by providing installation, preventative maintenance, diagnostic & repair, and validation services that keeps equipment operating safely and reliably. The successful candidate will provide complete services on analytical equipment systems including installation, repairs, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualifications. The Service Engineer will also coordinate resources and work with the Service Team to deliver technical expertise to customers with high-quality results to ensure high-customer satisfaction.
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of analytical equipment systems.
- Analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks using a customer’s management software
- Reviews performance reports and documentation from customers and other field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, service, and maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
Key Business Metrics
- Customer Allegiance
- Incremental Service Revenue
- Ability to lift 75 Lbs without assistance 15% of the time.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-30 Lbs continuously throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, squat, stretch, and reach on a daily basis in a service function.
- Ability to travel overnight at a minimum of 10%.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
Experience and Education
- Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent education or experience.
- 5+ years of strong analytical instrument experience
- Must be within commuting distance to Cambridge, MA