The Benchtop Laboratory Equipment & Sample Characterisation category within the Scientific business unit represents a vast array of benchtop equipment used in laboratories every single day. Segmented into Every Lab Every Day (ELED) equipment and Sample Preparation and Characterisation (Materials Science), our success is determined by our relationships with supplier partners and factories, strategic positioning of our products and communication of our value proposition to our customers.
As a category administrator working closely with our Product Management team you will be instrumental in ensuring that our products are correctly positioned and promoted and that our customers enjoy a trouble free experience when transacting with us.
- Ensure the ERP system accurately reflects product descriptions, pack sizes and pricing.
- Work closely with Product Maintenance team to upload, discontinue, supercede and offer alternative products.
- Ensure eCommerce platform accurately reflects available products and descriptions.
- Administer timely response to supplier price changes, list pricing and negotiated special pricing ensuring that the ERP system is accurate.
- Conduct daily reviews of orders and backorders, proactively monitoring for opportunities to increase both sales and customer satisfaction.
- Be the first port of call for account managers and customer and manage the administration of the Salesforce case queue.
- Assist the Product Specialists and Product Managers with the production of technical quotations, tenders and customer-facing documentation.
- Liaise with Service to assist customers who require warranty repair, replacement, installations or have service requests.
- Ensure the mPower site is current and complete for the specified products.
- Create standard reports for product and customer performance and ad hoc reports as necessary and required by Product or Sales teams in the business category.
- Assist the Product Management team in the production of go-to-market pieces, electronic promotions, catalogues, brochures and other collateral.
- Work closely with Supply Chain, Customer Service, Service, Sales and Account Managers and other business categories to support the Category.
- Work with the Product Management and Account Management team to resolve customer issues in a timely and efficient way.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline or 3+ years laboratory experience.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to think outside the square.
- Previous experience in a sales/service administration role would be advantageous.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and a hands-on team player.
- Strong organizational skills and time management capabilities