Job Title: Staff Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Provide production technical support in the manufacturing of several Finesse products:
- Such as SmartParts, SmartGlass Vessel systems, and SmartRocker.
- Process ECO’s as required.
- Provide documentation and SOP’s as needed.
- Debug failures off the line, perform root-cause analysis and update product designs as required.
- Develop & document assembly and test procedures (WI).
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
- Create assembly drawings, ensure component specification are clearly documented and ensure BOM’s are accurate.
- Assist production manager in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedures, safety, quality control and training.
- Assist in the analysis and disposition of MRB material.
- Working with multiple teams and working to improve the product over time.
- BS Degree in Engineering (ME, EE, IE)
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with the new product introduction process
- Working knowledge of Agile PLM and MasterControl applications
- Familiarity with SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD
- Problem solving & trouble shooting skills
- Good writing and speaking skills
- Familiarity with Excel and Word
- Previous experience in a biotech environment
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.