Job Title: Staff Engineer, Software
Location: Eugene, OR
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering, Protein and Cell Analysis
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Perform all phases of software development including design, implementation, testing, integration, maintenance of software for the company’s cell analysis instruments
- Development and support of GUI, analysis, communications, and instrument control software and firmware
- Integration of algorithms & mathematical functions for identification and quantification of data collected by instruments
- Interact with biologists to translate scientific research needs into instrument user stories and requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Proficient in developing with C, C++, C# in embedded and application environments
- Programming experience in both RTOS embedded systems and application development in Windows and Linux
- Complex software architecture design
- Knowledge of current software development best practices including requirements generation, design documentation, and unit testing
- Good experimentalist
- 10 years’ experience in product development or related field
- Experience in SQL, schema and database development
- USB and Ethernet communication protocol experience
- Experience with Test Driven Development in an Agile environment
- Experience with Linux, QT, and web based application development
- Experience with MFC Graphical User Interfaces
- Masters in Computer Science
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.