Job Title: Team Lead
Reports To: Area Manager
No. of Direct Reports: 0 - 2
Provides work direction to and/or performs all duties of a Senior Site Specialist, Site Specialist or Site Technician to assure customer satisfaction. Monitors work flow to optimize staffing and services for customer. Works closely with customer, sales representatives/managers to ensure all service expectations are supported. Services may include: order processing/purchasing, receiving, storeroom/consignment, inventory management, item conversion, chemical management, glassware washing, and media preparation. Acts as a liaison between customer, sales, suppliers, logistics and management using special system knowledge to ensure success of customer relationships.
- Assists in organizing the staff and workload to meet or exceed productivity performance standards for UnityTM Lab Services. Provides functional supervision to team members by performing site coverage as needed. May assist in the cross training of associates and the training of new hires.
- Under the direction of the Area Manager/European Manager:
- Facilitates and directs team meetings
- Identifies training and site service personnel skills enhancement opportunities and reports to the supervisor.
- Collects log books/time cards/other time worked identifiers and check for completeness prior to submission to the Area Manager/European VMI Manager if appropriate
- Assists with preparing performance appraisals for site personnel.
- Reviews site employee errors and trains/coaches so potential errors are eliminated.
- Directs the workflow of the team in support of contractual obligations and in line with established best practices.
- Acts as subject matter expert to answer employee, customer and sales representative’s questions and resolve problems. Expertise should include:
- Detailed knowledge of customer pricing agreements and relevant systems
- Work instructions, Best practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Assists with data collection, report generation and site metric development in support of contractual obligations and best practice methodologies.
- Administer and log failed delivery, escalate and where necessary place additional orders to service the needs of the customer.
- Performs daily duties of a Senior Site Specialist, Site Specialist or Site Technician.
- Meets with customers proactively to determine their needs. Informs site employees of special customer requirements, resolves problems and keeps employees informed of corrective action.
- Provides technical support to customer and specialists regarding special systems, products or procedures.
· Inventory Management:
o Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
o Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
o Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
o Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
o Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
· Sourcing/Order Management:
o Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
o Converse present used items to Fisher Scientific items
o Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
· Chemical Management:
o Receive, register and track all chemical containers throughout the facility.
o Perform routine audits of chemical inventory database.
o Provide chemical inventory reports upon request.
o Distribute chemicals throughout facility and upon request.
· Glassware Washing:
o Daily pickup of dirty glassware from labs, wash and sterilize and redistribute to satellite storage areas.
o Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass.
o Maintain glass wash schedules and is flexible to handle emergencies.
o Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement.
o Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer.
o Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility.
o Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations.
· Media Preparation:
o Monitor stock levels and prepares routine lab reagents, buffers, tissue culture materials and any other solutions, requested by end users.
o Prepare custom media and coordinate with scientific staff on formulation and troubleshooting as necessary.
o Perform autoclaving/sterilization of liquid materials as required.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must have three to five years of progressive relevant experience in logistics/inventory/warehouse.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred;
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Demonstrates basic leadership concepts.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action
- Must be organized and detail oriented
· Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
· Extensive walking may be required.
· May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
· Must be able to lift, push and pull 15-20 kg. Consistently; may be required to lift 25 kg.
· May be able to use material handling equipment, such as push carts and pallet jacks.
· Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
· Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.