Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $17 billion, we have 50,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. We create value for our key stakeholders through five premier brands, Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services, which offer a unique combination of innovative technologies, convenient purchasing options and a single solution for laboratory operations management. Our products and services help our customers solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
The Healthcare Corporate Accounts Manager is responsible for the coordination of contracting activities between GPO and large health system customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific Self-Manufacturing Division(s) as assigned. This will include communication and task completion with the various functions of the Self-Manufacturing Division to include: Finance, Legal, Sales, Marketing, Contract Administration, etc. This position participates in the strategic planning process and interacts with Healthcare Corporate Accounts Directors and the VP Healthcare Corporate Accounts to carry out all assigned requirements for effectively developing new GPO agreements and renewing existing contracts.
B.S.; B.A. or equivalent experience; 5+ years Health Care industry experience; on-site office and/or lab environment; field sales responsibility; 30-40% travel requirements.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Work closely with the Director Healthcare Corporate Accounts in the development of new contracts between the assigned Self-Manufacturing Division and GPO customers.
- Manage all aspects of RFP responses as necessary
- Take direction from Director Healthcare Corporate Accounts and coordinate with leadership and commercial teams in the assigned Self Manufacturing division to developing business plan for each GPO to include pricing strategies and commercial execution plans.
- Work through sales leaders and other appropriate managers in the assigned Self Manufacturing Division(s) and channels to communicate and roll out new contracts, renewals or relevant changes.
- Work with the Self Manufacturing Division and appropriate channel partners to set sales targets, required activities and other financial objectives related to the contracts and track appropriately.
- Coordinate as needed with the GPO Operations team and staff in the assigned Self Manufacturing Division to insure that operational obligations of the contracts are accurately implemented, e.g., sales reporting and admin fee payment to GPOs, pricing implementation through channel partners, etc.
- Coordinate and participate in customer presentations and meetings as needed to drive the assigned business growth and/or as directed by the Director Healthcare Corporate Accounts.
- Coordinate new product launches with the Self-Manufacturing Division that are included in contracting activities
- Proven ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams
- Project management experience within a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on customer driven timelines
- Coaches and motivates others
- Advanced presentations skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understands Thermo Fisher pricing and operational systems
- Self directed