The Production Manager, Tubes Night Shift, is responsible for the organization and coordination of manufacturing activities and the management of employees in the Tubes production department, with responsibility for the facility on the night shift. Responsible for managing the escalation of maintenance issues, facility issues, EH &S, security, conflict management, and human resource issues for the Plates production department as well as Tubes. Reports to the Tubes Value Stream Manager. Manage conflict to resolve issues effectively. Use the PPI business system to reduce scrap and improve operational efficiencies, product quality and regulatory compliance. Use Project Management tools to implement plans to increase efficiency and decrease waste. Communicate and coordinate activities with other departments that work closely with production. Provide employees with the tools necessary to work in a safe, efficient, and effective work environment that promotes employee empowerment. Manage the departments using the core values of intensity, integrity, innovation, and involvement. Comply with all local, state, and federal regulations for employees, their health and safety, and compliance to Food and Drug Administration regulations.
This person will work 4 10 hour days and usually have Fridays off.
- Manage all activities, projects, products, and employees associated with the Tubes production department and all issues within building one that require escalation on the night shift.
- Commit and plan to insure all required associate training is current as required for safety, environmental and production processes.
- Develop employees and maintain an organizational structure and philosophy which empowers the individual.
- Establish clear and quantifiable goals that are understood and consistent with divisional goals.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective production strategy.
- Drive quality processes that lead to continuous improvements that support the strategy.
- Maintain proper labor cost controls by balancing utilization of budgeted FTE’s, OT, and Agency employees.
- Work to positively impact production cost control performance (scrap, material utilization, manufacturing variances, etc.).
- Evaluate job performance of employees through performance reviews making appropriate recommendations for improvement in productivity and efficiency.
- Review product availability and complaint trends and implement programs to provide optimum customer and sales support.
- Manage employee counseling as needed to maintain discipline and order according to company policy.
- Manage compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Standard Work, and Device History Records (DHRs) to ensure consistent and reliable processes and procedures that comply with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations/ Quality System Regulation (QSR) guidelines, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Investigate production problems for possible causes and assist personnel in finding solutions to prevent reoccurrence using Practical Process Improvement (PPI) and Lean tools.
- Create and maintain a safe work environment by engaging the associates in reporting potential safety hazards, support of the EH&S guidelines and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions.
- Investigate safety problems, develop corrective actions with EH&S and implement and communicate changes.
- Use Leader Standard Work to focus on Lean Management, visual controls to monitor actual versus expected, and maintain discipline of daily accountability to drive improvement activities.
- Ensure visual management tracks, monitors, and analyzes production performance indicators, establishes triggers, and ensures sustainable corrective actions are in place to improve quality, reduce waste, and improve efficiencies.
- Use Project Management to plan and implement projects that improve quality, decrease waste, and increase efficiency.
In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership in core values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement. Demonstrated leadership skills in previous work experiences Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of FDA, cGMP/QSR, and ISO. Knowledge and experience with Lean Enterprise tools Knowledge and experience with Project Management tools
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to interact in a team environment with a customer-focused approach and aptitude for continuous improvement serving internal and external customers. Strong analytical problem solving skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Microbiology, Biology, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years manufacturing experience and a working knowledge of current FDA Quality System Regulations 21 CFR Part 820. Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience.
This position is not approved for relocation assistance