A Material Handler works in a fast-paced environment in all areas of Logistics with the goal of meeting/exceeding both our internal and external customers’ expectation. These include but are not limited to: picking & staging work orders, outbound & inbound material handling, cycle counting and maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
Picking and staging, arranging, counting of work orders for in house operational use; may work in other areas such as: receiving, examining, sorting, storing of items for storage and shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Picking raw materials according to pick list.
- Inventory receipt and storing of new approved materials.
- Perform frequent inventory, stock rotation and cycle counting.
- Preparing cGMP compliant documents.
- Operating material handling equipment.
- Support interdepartmental communication relating to several groups such as: Inventory Control, Manufacturing, Customer Service and Shipping.
- Assume responsibility for special projects assigned by the Team Leads, Supervisor and/or Management.
- Restocks and maintains inventory levels on shipping materials and supplies.
- Process shipping and receiving packages with speed, accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Working in and out of a -20C Freezer and 5c Cold Room.
- Preparing and shipping materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Performs work of a highly repetitive nature.
- Will walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 40 lbs.
- May handle “packaged” hazardous materials.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change).
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to lift 40lbs. or more
- Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety training(s).
- Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EHS programs and activities.
- Maintain compliance to PPE requirements.
- Requires a minimum of 1 – 3 years related experience. Experience with Inventory Control is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills.
- Consistently demonstrates positive and productive results.
- Interacts equally well with all employees utilizing strong interpersonal skills.
- Follows written and verbal instructions accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Personable, and perpetuates a can-do positive attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Computer skills are required with the ability to learn and retain new computer programs.