When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Director, Global Sourcing is responsible for developing and implementing the overall Sourcing Strategy for a global commodity or specific global program for Thermo Fisher Scientific. The individual is chartered with developing a strategy aligned with specific business needs, building a strong functional organization, establishing best practices, negotiating global contracts with preferred suppliers, identifying and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Leads global category management for assigned category to deliver key category performance indicators, including: Savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, spend under master agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc.
- Develops and drives 3-5 year global strategies focused on identifying and contracting with suppliers that meet key business needs and the aforementioned category management goals..
- Primary responsibility for identification, qualification and performance management of global strategic supplier base.
- Aligns Sourcing processes and personnel to efficiently support global sourcing needs
- Acts as the key interface with the Thermo Fisher divisions ensuring alignment of strategies, standard processes and commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field.
- Minimum of 10 years procurement/sourcing experience with increasing global responsibility and experience in a large matrixed company environment.
- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results.
- Acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Sets strategy and champions change within the organization.
- Influences without authority to motivate and manage cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams and drive them to success.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- APICS certification.
- C.P.M or SPMS certification or equivalent.
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or supply chain experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com