When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE: Support the transition from planning to execution by internal and external suppliers. Balance supply with demand to support target consistent with minimum 95% on time shipment service levels, inventory investment targets, and operational productivity. Particular emphasis on the development and implementation of planning and procurement strategies for non-core LED business conducted at the site. Implement guidelines for key site level materials management practices and define controls to identify trends and to measure effectiveness.
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
• Analyze market drivers for Parts & Accessories to develop appropriate forecast and replenishment methodologies.
• Identify supply chain risks and recommend means of risk mitigation.
• Coordinate with schedule fulfillment with planners and procurement specialists.
• Spearhead efforts to install standard processes for the various facets of Materials Management, in accordance with corporate and site policies, MRPII methodology, and SAP transactional requirements.
• Lead cross-functional teams to coordinate activities surrounding Product Rationalization and End of Life (EOL) processes, Engineering Change Implementation, new Product Introduction, plus Excess and Obsolete inventory management.
• Re-fine and standardize the use of dashboards and other metrics to most effectively gage site performance and comply with divisional requests for reports.
• Participate in SIOP Process and develop internal standard work for planning team with respect to SIOP and forecast methodology to mitigate single point of contact risk.
• Participate in PPI events and play an active role on other teams requiring supply chain support.
• Represent Materials Management during any absence by Materials Management Manager.
• Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures.
• Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values.
• Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Inside the Company – Materials Management Manager and Materials Management Staff, Planning Team, Site Procurement Team, Plant Manager, Finance, Quality, Value Stream Managers, Commodity Managers, Engineering.
• Outside the Company – Frequent communication and negotiation with suppliers, Divisional supply chain personnel.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• BA/BS degree with 8 years experience or A.A.S. degree with 10 years experience
• Degree must in Business, Finance, Economics, Supply Chain, or an Applied Science
• Experience is to be in Procurement and/or Materials Management, with at least 1 year of project management experience. Manufacturing experience preferred.
• Experienced user of computer-based ERP systems.
• Moderate skill set with Microsoft Office Suite
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
• CPM or APICS certification desirable
• MBA preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• SAP experience desirable
This position has been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com