Job ID :
South Africa - Johannesburg
PLAN PERFORMANCE AND SALES SKILLS
- Apply working knowledge of Professional, Consultative, and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, develop incremental business in existing accounts, and conduct cold calls to develop new accounts.
- Demonstrate use of selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing.
- Participate in sales training programs as presented by the company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with the Company philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Call on all organizational levels and functional areas within assigned account which influence purchasing decisions.
- Develop, write, and execute a strategic business plan for managing assigned territory annually, updated quarterly.
- Develop presentations and customer proposals for such things as supply agreements, supply contracts and preferred vendor agreements with assistance from RM, Marketing and/or Technical Sales Specialist
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relations management software (Siebel CRM). Use system completely to fulfill management expectations recording and utilizing customer and sales information.
COMMUNICATION, WRITTEN AND ORAL
- Provide regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, e-mail or personal visits daily
- Prepare and deliver monthly FSMR to the District Manager by the due date.
- Field travel as necessary (approx. 4 days per week)
- Generally academic and government accounts require approximately 5-8 consultative sales calls per day depending on the nature of the territory with approximately 4 field days per week.
- Generally industrial accounts require approximately 4-6 consultative calls per day with 4 field days per week.
- Provide product and other relevant information to customers via daily phone contact and personal visits for all aspects of IVGN business to generate sales.
- Utilise excellent level of product knowledge and applications to successfully conduct effective consultative selling presentations.
- Utilise knowledge of existing and potential customer status regarding Company and competitors’ products in selling presentations.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Requires a minimum 1-3 years of related work experience (lab and sales experience preferred).
- In-depth knowledge of Cell Culture , Molecular Biology and qPCR is required.
- Previous Life Sciences consumables sales experience is preferred
- Knowledge of accounts in territory preferred – but not essential
- Experience with customer contact, teaching or public speaking helpful.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs helpful.
- Applications will also be considered from those with a strong molecular biology education – and a strong orientation to a sales career
- Applicants MUST be fluent in English language