When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
To complete all warehouse functions as assigned in a safe, efficient and accurate manner assisting in ensuring that all of the day’s work is completed. This would include functions ranging from inventory control, material handling, and order processing.
- Receiving- responsible for accurately receiving incoming material and add it into the AS400 inventory management system.
- Stocking-responsible for efficiently putting away material so it is available as quickly as possible to be shipped to customers.
- Order Picking- responsible for collecting customer orders, finding the appropriate products and delivering the order and materials to the appropriate shipping department.
- Order Shipping- responsible for overall order fulfillment including verification of material to be shipped, packaging selection and labeling according to site and DOT/IATA requirements.
- Product Labeling- responsible for accurately and skillfully labeling materials with a Thermo Fisher label.
- Material Repackaging- responsible for repackaging products safely as per repackaging specifications.
- Conduct daily warehouse cleaning/organization in line with the 5S philosophy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Observes all departmental and Quality System procedures and work instructions.
- Supports Thermo Fisher’s commitment for continuous improvement by documenting process improvement opportunities throughout the Quality System.
- Follows and abides by all EH&S policies, practices, and procedures in association with department specific responsibilities.
- Demonstrates technical and procedural proficiency and self-assuredness in applying EH&S standards.
- Responsible for contributing to audit readiness and for participating in EH&S audits with internal Company groups, regulatory agencies, and customers.
- Responsible for reporting all near misses, accidents, and dangerous occurrences through the appropriate Company procedures to ensure an investigation is initiated.
- Cooperate with all root cause investigations and follow corrective actions and compliance with Company policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations occurs within department.
- Support the Company’s commitment for environmental health & safety by applying ISO 14001.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Proven work record with warehousing, inventory control, order picking and/or shipping operations with 1 to 3 years warehouse experience preferred.
- Must be able to document records in English and communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others.
- Must be able to effectively work independently and as a team.
- Experience in a chemical warehouse environment.
- Experience with an I Series (JDE/AS400).
- Must be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- This position will require some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs., heavier weights with assistance). Must be able to work an 8-12 hour shift in a fast paced environment. Must be able to handle chemicals in a safe manner while donning appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Required to wear ASTM F 2413-05 (or ANSI Z41-1999) safety shoes while working in the warehouse.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.