Job ID :
India - Hyderabad
- Responsible for the coordination, evaluation and implementation of LPD’s regulatory strategy and compliance programs through the review, consultation, training and support of each discipline (Engineering, Operations, Quality, Sales, Sourcing etc) to fulfill their business goals in a compliant manner.
- Responsible for supporting a Regulatory Affairs network of people and resources in LPD to provide general regulatory support in the regions and time zones where LPD facilities operate with additional review and consultation for more detailed regulatory needs from centers of compliance excellence.
- Supports an effective interface between the respective disciplines and 3rd Party regulatory agencies (UL, CSA, TUV, Notified Bodies, FDA, ISO registrars, etc) and ensures this interaction follows the established best practice model for the division.
- Provides review, consultation and support for regulatory agency communications for LPD (e.g. FDA, EU Competent Authorities, China SFDA, etc).
- Should have a working knowledge of the applicable standards and regulations that apply to LPD (product safety standards like IEC 61010-1, EMC standards, applicable regulations like the RoHS, REACH and the F-gas regulation etc) so that that RA team can disseminate and filter this information to the respective disciplines inside LPD and the regulatory agencies that LPD works with to establish a consistent compliance approach.
- Participates in product reviews and ensures that the RA team provides a compliance review of each stage gate review for both internal product designs or changes and OEM branding projects.
- Responsible for reducing product liability while driving towards achieving our 20:20 vision of world class product compliance by 2020.
- Must support and help effectively manage any identified non-conformity or product liability discovery or incident as assigned by the RA Support Manager.
- Provides support to customers relative to compliance issues.
- Act as a change agent for improvement initiatives
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures
- Perform as a Role Model Leader, acting in compliance with the Thermo Fisher Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation).
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Education: B.S./B.A in technical or business related field; advanced degree a plus
- Two or more years of experience in Quality/Regulatory compliance (or an advanced degree), experience working in a matrix organizational structure a plus.
- Working knowledge of the application of FDA and ISO quality standards in industry.
- Experience with FDA or Notified Body inspections.
- Experience with initial regulatory submissions as well as periodic submission of updates (examples include FDA 510(k) submissions, MDD / IVDD Technical Files etc.) a plus.
- Solid knowledge of the applicable safety standards and how to apply them effectively.
- Medical Device or Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferable.
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage changing demands and handle substantial time pressures
- Solid financial understanding and ability to relate business improvements into relevant financial terms
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving, particularly around managing a new regulation requirement, or risk assessment around a product liability issue.
- Position requires up to 10% overnight and international travel. Required travel may span weekend days and/or holidays. Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport which allows travel to countries in Europe, N. America and S. America and Asia Pacific as required. Requires ability to transport and use common computer and communications equipment while traveling.
- Job duties may require brief exposure to research laboratory biopharmaceutical or pharmaceutical laboratory equipment.
- Proven facilitator that effectively coordinates and leads efforts and input from various internal functional groups, which will result in collective team achievements