Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands - Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
The Regional Field HR Director provides leadership to designated sites across North America; providing people management and leadership across multiple business units and functions with a focus on COE/Shared Services alignment, Change Management and driving a positive employee culture.
- Regional responsibility to attract, hire, train, develop and retain HR talent to meet business needs at the site.
- Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture.
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Coaches HR talent on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., leadership and team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate business unit HR strategies and solutions.
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Manages HR resources and priorities, collaborates across Business HRG’s, Corporate and Group Centers of Excellence and/or third party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives.
- Helps guide Center of Excellence (COE) owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions.
- Ensures activities throughout the region are core, common and consistent.
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4-i Values in everything we do.
- Leads PPI culture across region and broader field organization
- Special projects as assigned
- BA/BS required, MA/MS preferred
Skills / Qualifications:
- Senior Human Resources Management experience from a large multi-national company with 10+ years of successful experience and a minimum of 2 years as senior HR business partner supporting executives in a global business unit.
- Highly preferred: Experience from large, highly technical life sciences business with a strong emphasis on innovation.
- People Management Experience with a strong track record for developing and coaching HR Professionals.
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior management on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- Must have ability to develop solid and positive professional relationships with senior leadership, subordinates and peers in a heavily matrixed environment
- Experience working with a variety of functions including R&D, commercial (sales, field marketing and service), marketing, product development, engineering, strategic planning, and operations.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Must have led/been directly involved in significant change management initiatives in prior roles.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Self-motivated; bias for action
- Effective communication skills with proven ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to use a high level of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.