Lead Chemical Engineer
Job ID :
China - Shanghai
- Develop and optimize Chemical system/reaction/reagent/catalyzer with chemical system analysis, modeling, simulating, and experimenting, for scientific & industrial instrumentation in the field of water analysis.
- Create the design documents involving Chemical tolerance analysis for design review, and verification plan mapping to the key performance and reliability requirement;
- Verify the Chemical system performance to meet the requirement, complies with the Manufacturability and Serviceability, and achieve the cost/reliability target;
- Provide Chemical support on algorithm development, system optimization, quality assurance and improvement, application development, chemical hazard assessment and regulatory compliance.
- Perform data analysis and statistics analysis for instrument trouble shooting and problem solving.
- To work with the manufacturing, sourcing team and the supplier to coordinate the manufacturing and provide detailed Chemical requirement and work instruction to make sure the reagent/catalyzer from production line can meet design requirement;
- Work with the project manager and project members to assure projects are delivered to specification, on-time, and at or below target cost.
- Provide smooth cross-function interfaces to manufacturing, sourcing, operations, quality, service and global R&D team, as well as external interface to suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Mentor and develop junior and senior engineers
- Recognized MS (Chemical Engineering, Environmental Chemistry) with minimum 8 years of, or PhD (Analytical Chemistry and Physical Chemistry) with minimum 5 years of related experience in industry developing or research.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge and hands on development experience in instrumentation and/or analysis methods with electrochemistry and colorimetry.
- Adept at modeling, simulation, and data analysis & acquisition tools, such as GAUSSIAN, Hyperchem, CHEMCAD, MATLAB, VB, Excel or Labview, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with analytical techniques (e.g. LC, MS, ICP, NMR, FTIR, UV, or colorimetry, etc.)
- Good soft skills for working with cross functional, multidisciplinary, multicultural teams, including providing technical updates for executives from many countries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English & Chinese.
- Motivated self starter, and agile learner
- Able to work independently or lead junior & senior engineers
- Water and Wastewater analysis experience;
- Chemical and/or optical instrumentation experience;
- Demonstrated success in developing & launching multiple new products.