When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides consultation and escalation support to Field Service Engineers and Applications Specialists primarily via phone and e-mail
- Develops training course materials and conducts or assists with training activities.
- Develops or assists in the development of service and support procedures for new products
- Creates or assists in the preparation of Technical Alert Communications (TACs) and other field communications.
- Participates in new product introduction teams as a Services & Support Core Team and Extended team member.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment, software, reagents, or assays
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to R&D Sustaining teams
- Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities
- Complies with company quality management systems, policies, and procedures
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Engineering
- 2+ years related experience, preferably in Biotech industry
- Experience with service or design/manufacturing of instruments such as liquid handlers, optical detection systems or similar
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team with diverse background and areas of expertise
- Field service or other Support –related experiences a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with structured troubleshooting methods
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.