Job Title: North America DRP Planning Manager
Requisition ID: 47951BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
The DRP Manager position interacts with all levels of internal personnel requiring strong oral and written communication skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires functional knowledge of corporate operations and requires the ability to quickly respond to changing needs by reallocating and/or managing resources according to needs and priorities. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could result in significant production delays, insufficient or overstocked inventory levels, additional costs, and dissatisfied customers. This position requires the ability to motivate others and set operational objectives daily.
- Additional Knowledge and Skills required to effectively do the job include:
- Set departmental / individual objectives for team
- Liaise with other departments / sites within the supply chain to ensure processes are in place
- Motivate and coach team for their own personal development
- Monitor department KPI’s
- Review / challenge current processes with aim of continuous improvement
- Ensure all staff are trained in relevant job, cross trained where necessary
- Ensure all SOPs are up to date and all team members are trained in them.
- Ensure day to day focus on product availability, participate in operating mechanisms to improve order fulfillment, perform daily backorder updates, coaching team on root cause analysis and prevention
- Look for opportunities to expedite order fulfillment e.g. alternative warehouse, alternative products.
- Lead Lifecycle Management process to identify products with too much inventory, products approaching expiration, slow moving products, in order to optimize inventory, reducing backorders and write offs.
- Lead quarterly stocking strategy review
- Lead and Participate in cross functional improvement projects
- Lead and Participate in new acquisition integration projects
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) process and Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) process. Minimum of 2 years of experience performing inventory management utilizing an MRP system. is an absolute requirement.
- Familiar with the concepts of demand/pull, replenishment, and the basic principles of inventory management (turns, cost to serve, etc.)
- Supervisory skills are required.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Solid Problem Solving Skills
- Sound Decision Making Capabilities
- Must be team oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast past environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Must be detailed-oriented.
- Some travel (10%) may be required
- APICS (or equivalent) certification preferred.
This position does not have relocation allowance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.