Job ID :
Singapore - Marsiling
- Manage relationships with forensic DNA laboratories, to offer appropriate solutions and workflows incorporating Applied Biosystems products and services, and identify opportunities for collaboration and partnership.
- Ensure clear understanding of customer objectives and offer bespoke service offerings to meet customer needs.
- Participate in the delivery of HPS offerings, including validation, data analysis and report writing according to both international standards such as ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and regional guidelines such as recommended by SWGDAM, NATA, KOLAS, NABL, ENFSI.
- Identify opportunities to increase project efficiency and reduce costs of project execution without sacrificing quality.
- Maintain a high level of communication with customers before, during and after a project to ensure a clear understanding of needs and verify successful execution.
- Provide post-project support to customers who have utilized HPS.
- Interface with external Key Opinion Leaders to maximize understanding of applications, opportunities and demands for current and future technologies, including massively parallel sequencing.
- Foster regular communication channels and maintain close working relationships with global HPS colleagues and other HID team members (such as Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Support, Product Assurance, R&D), and act as a voice for customers in the region.
- Collaborate with governmental affairs groups on DNA databasing projects.
- Work closely with local teams, including in-country sales, service and support, to ensure proper preparation prior to project execution, including delivery of required consumables, proper instrument installation and maintenance, availability of calibrated pipettes, filtered tips and other relevant or critical instrumentation.
- Collaborate with and support in-country resources to enable localized delivery of services. Manage other resources such as contractors, consultants and distributor resources to support project delivery.
- Deliver seminars, workshops, training etc that demonstrate the technical and performance advantages of LSG products to customers, including sharing best practices.
- Provide ongoing contribution to the development of relevant service solutions to enhance portfolio of services.
- Support resolution of technical queries and troubleshooting where required.
- Mentor HID colleagues in the region to increase technical expertise across the workflow, and participate in securing and developing talent that contributes to the goals and objectives of the HID business in the region. Interact with local, regional and global colleagues to ensure sharing of knowledge.
- Provide support for commercial forecasting and other business-related activities, to help ensure HID Business financial and productivity commitments are met.
- Participate in planning product communications, preparing technical literature and plan customer events, including internal and external training programs. Actively contribute to marketing activities for products and services.
- Provide technical training and support to other LSG employees.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Experience / Minimum Requirements
- Master’s Degree in a scientific discipline (forensic DNA field preferred).
- Demonstrated experience working in a forensic DNA laboratory (4 years minimum)
- Proven experience in performing validation work in forensics or other regulated markets.
- Recommended at least 3 years experience in a field technical support or applications specialist role within the life science industry would be desirable.
- Technical proficiency and excellent analytical skills, with demonstrated expertise across the forensic DNA analysis workflow utilizing kits, instruments and software, including PrepFiler™ Forensic DNA Extraction System, Quantiifler™ Duo/HP/Trio DNA Quantification Kits, Identifiler™ Plus/GlobalFiler™ PCR Amplification Kits, thermal cyclers, 3130/3130xl/3500/3500xL Genetic Analyzers, GeneMapper™ ID-X data analysis software.
- Experience in delivering technical training, and conveying scientific principles to a non-scientific audience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills are required. Any knowledge of non-English languages (Japanese, Korean, Mandarin) will be desirable.
- Customer-focused attitude and understanding of the HID market, trends and competitors.
- Ability to drive change opportunities and business improvements that lead to efficiencies for the business.
- Track record of success in project management, with strong project management skills.
- Curious, inquisitive, and innovative in approaching the challenges of the position.
- Candidate will establish positive and productive relationships with customers.
- Shows a “can do” attitude, and inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- Leads by example, displays transparency, accountable.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various teams remotely.
- This role is based in Singapore.
- Ability and willingness to travel (50% or greater).
- Valid drivers license.