This role is responsible for ensuring all plant and equipment is maintained in a condition that will allow it to be operated in a safe and efficient manner and enable maximum utilization of the LabServ facility.
- Understand and work within the safety requirements as detailed in Thermo safety policies ad procedures and in accordance with NZ regulatory requirements.
- Organise and implement preventative maintenance plans.
- Communicate openly with all departments on all maintenance issues and the condition/availability of all plant and equipment.
- Liaise with maintenance contractors when required and ensure work carried out by contractors is completed safely and efficiently.
- Attend site plant and equipment breakdowns. This may require work outside of normal hours
- Advise planning/management of maintenance issues.
- Maintain excellent service and PPM records
- To ensure compliance to the current building warrant of fitness legislation.
- Ensuring and coordinating that all owners’ checks have been completed.
- Ensuring and coordinating that all IQP maintenance has been completed and contribute to documentation
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude whilst being committed to our company values of integrity, intensity, innovation and involvement.
- Exceeding customer service level expectations (external & internal)
- Working to agreed deadlines with a focus to finding solutions
- Electrical Engineering Qualifications: NZ registered electrician or electrical engineer
- Current driver’s license.
- Good knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel
- Experience in plastics industry or related manufacturing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organisation and communicate externally on behalf of the organisation.
- Sound technical knowledge and ability.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage many ongoing tasks
- Logical and practical approach
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ownership to closure or task completion
- Ability to effectively manage task priority changes.
- Continuous improvement