This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: inventory management, order management, chemical management, glassware washing, material handling, and media preparation. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: RIMS, chemical management software, procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements. Performs stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to Unity Lab Services and customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users.
- Assist with shipping and receiving
- Coordinate facilities services with Building Management
- Wash glassware and operate autoclave
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Follow all defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor and / or Account Manager regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions based on ULS provided guidelines and / or site work instructions
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential process problems
- Utilizes basic systems to support various Unity Lab Services processes
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including product returns as needed.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Must display a high level of confidentiality for both the customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics 4I Values
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess basic skills in Microsoft Office software.
- Works solely at customer locations, in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments
- Extensive walking is required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 75 lbs
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use
- Must be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work 7am~3:30pm plus occasional overtime as required
This position will be based on-site at a customer location in Lake Forest, Illinois.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com