US - Carlsbad, CA
Working directly with the Global Marketing and Product Development team to develop and implement a complex and all-encompassing Marketing plan. We are looking for a passionate Global Product Manager to lead a portfolio of commercial products in the Plasmid Preparation market, including, and managing 3rd party relationships with suppliers and OEM partners. This individual will seek and maintain a deep understand of customer insights, cooperatively building a roadmap for the product line within the Business Unit. He/She will serve as product champion and be responsible for product introduction, training, support, and life cycle management.
The Global Product Manager will have primary responsibility for providing strategic and tactical marketing leadership for the products lines mentioned. He/she will be responsible for delivering the market’s annual financial plan including top line sales, spending and profit contribution. This position will coordinate the development and management all brand communication including advertising, public relations, trade programs and professional marketing. Work via collaboration & cross-functionally with all functional areas within the company (Technical Services, Sales, Manufacturing, R&D, Regulatory, etc.), to develop and implement a complex and all-encompassing Marketing plan.
This role will be responsible for long and short term business and marketing plans for major product and service offerings to meet share, volume and profit objectives. Identifies long term opportunities by product/market and works with product management to prepare plans to develop, test and launch new products.
- Develop product line vision and strategy.
- Drive market research and VOC (Voice of Customer) activities.
- Serve as product champion internally, with the field, and with customers.
- Lead new product introductions through a phase-gate Product Commercialization Process and provide business deliverables, including business plans and product roadmaps.
- Guide cross-functional team for product demand planning, forecasting, pricing, financial analysis, and global marketing reviews. Manage/support market research activities.
- Work closely with global, regional and local marketing teams and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing product sales training and customer support.
- Assist in determining and measuring KPIs including the tracking of market size, market share and competitive pricing.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecast overviews, special reports and analyses answering questions and requests.
- Identify and recommend product pricing opportunities by utilizing market research data and market factors, reviewing production and sales costs, etc.
- Work closely with sales teams to develop programs to drive sales and market share. Attend trade shows and sales meetings to maintain market contact.
- Developing and adjusting unit and dollar forecasts for all products as needed to assist in inventory control. Manage and allocate budget spending, e.g., trade shows, advertising, & discretionary.
- Channel / Route to Market - defines channels to customer for each prioritized product market
- Sales Support – Assist in the development and execution of key sales programs, initiatives and projects that drive profitable growth
- Sales Training – Help with the development and delivery of key sales training content
- Develops cross-functional working relationships and interacts collaboratively
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or biological science
- Significant experience in a marketing role/product management, life sciences preferred
- Strong business acumen - Ability to formulate business strategies and to translate strategy into actions, a thorough understanding of business analysis and related financial measures
- High energy; creative mind to aid in development of strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated success working in a team based collaborative environment
- Demonstrated skill in development of sales/marketing tools, strategies and tactics
- Project management skills
- Understanding of the markets supported
- Ability to influence and lead people and various project teams
- Ability to build relationships, interact and communicate information with individuals in other functional areas and with key strategic accounts or business partners.
- Ability to influence others and negotiate a win-win outcome
- Ability to work within a team of product line marketing managers and the greater product marketing team (including programs and communications)
- Ability to successfully manage conflict in teams and with individuals
- Drives for continuous improvement
- Ability to dive into complex projects and create a sustainable solution
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Customer focused, and results driven, showing excellent business acumen
- Motivating others and showing evidence of managing through systems
- Demonstrates the ability to manage through influence
- Able to manage stakeholders expectations and requirements
- Demonstrates the ability to work in ambiguous situations and matrixed organizations
- Successful product launches and marketing campaigns that meet or exceed expectations
- Travel globally up to 30%