Job Title: Global Marketing Automation Specialist, Microbiology
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Marketing Automation Specialist reports to the Global eMarketing Manager, and is a business professional who will contribute to e-mail marketing campaign strategy and implementation for the Thermo Fisher Scientific Microbiology Division. Working primarily with cross-functional internal teams consisting of Marketing, eMarketing and Marketing Communications personnel, the Marketing Automation Specialist will design and execute email marketing and marketing automation programs. The role will be responsible for maintaining divisional data in our marketing automation platform, Eloqua. The successful candidate will have proven experience designing, launching, and tracking campaigns that generate, nurture, and convert leads in complex B2B buying cycles.
- Work with marketing teams to create and execute marketing automation campaigns that support their marketing objectives.
- Advise marketing campaign requestors of marketing automation best practices and projected results.
- Build new and update existing marketing automation programs in Eloqua, including, but not limited to, program design, email creation, landing page creation, configuration, testing, deployment and analysis.
- Ensure appropriate review and approval of Eloqua campaign assets prior to launch.
- Maintain Eloqua campaign calendar.
- Act as primary Eloqua administrator and maintain data quality in Eloqua database, and support alignment with CRM system.
- Build and maintain HTML templates for emails, landing pages and forms.
- Segment and leverage the marketing database for efficient and effective campaign targeting.
- Coordinate with other eMarketing colleagues to ensure integration with web content and analytical tracking.
- Generate reports in Eloqua, analyze eMarketing results and advise on how to improve future initiatives.
- Understand and ensure global compliance and opt-in policies are adhered to throughout all eMarketing campaigns.
- Understand and ensure Corporate brand and compliance standards are met.
- Participate in Eloqua user forums, conferences and online communities to stay current on best practices and new product offerings.
- Other digital marketing tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, digital marketing or related discipline preferred
- Experience using Eloqua at an administrator level including data management
- Experience of developing automated campaigns and content to drive engagement
- CRM experience
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficient knowledge of contemporary digital marketing best practices
- High attention to detail, organization skills, and ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor, strong communication skills, and ability to establish collaborative working relationships with remote internal customers and co-workers
- Demonstration of technical understanding and the ability to effectively communicate technical ideas/proposals/challenges/questions to internal team members and stakeholders
- Excellent written English
- Responsive team player
- Experience using Adobe CQ or similar content management system desirable
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com desirable
- High comfort level with scientific topics would be beneficial
As this is a global support role, some flexibility of working hours may occasionally be required.
The role may require occasional overseas travel.