Job Title: Supervisor, Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 48188BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
- Promotes and facilitates the safest working environment for all employees.
- Creates work center performance goals and leads each work center and each individual towards achieving those goals. Performs full performance evaluations for all direct reports.
- Effectively reviews metrics to benchmark and drive team performance.
- Maintains personal composure in high stress situations.
- Works with team members and planning/purchasing teams to develop and execute a manufacturing schedule to meet customer demands.
- Partners with Engineering and Maintenance to drive improvements on equipment performance
- Initiates investigations into process failures, product failures, and safety incidents. Identifies and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Recommends and coordinates measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Participates in internal and external audits, and responds to audit observations and identifies and implements appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Works with Research and Development and Process Development to facilitate the scale-up and introduction of new products.
- Creates and manages to an operational budget for 8-15 direct reports, including compensation, benefits, supplies, and equipment maintenance.
- 3+ years of experience in ISO or cGMP regulated manufacturing environment.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory, and 2+ years of experience as a supervisor or team lead.
- Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline, 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory, and 2+ years of experience as a supervisor or team lead.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work with numerous departments and varying levels of employees.
- Requires extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes and inter-departmental responsibilities.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Experience with carrying out process and equipment validations and documenting results.
- Must administer trainings and develop training curriculums
- Experience with equipment based manufacturing including knowledge of Total Productivity Management (TPM) and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Word is required.
- Working knowledge of MRP system.
This position does not have relocation allowance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.