In this advanced role, with team leadership responsibilities, you will be tasked to evaluate and test products during Product Development stage from original concept through post-production to verify that they function according to specifications and standards.
The Staff Hardware Test Engineer will be experienced in working with product development teams, able to fulfill both a technical leadership role in mentoring other team members and a project leadership role in helping the team navigate through assignment and performance conflicts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Product Development Verification and Validation:
- Represent the testing perspective in review meetings of requirements and specifications
- Develop a testing strategy for all functional aspects of the product
- Participate in Product level testing (inclusive of chemistry testing)
- Reporting testing results
- Provide assistance to manufacturing for development/optimizing Quality Control test methodologies
- Consult with Development Engineers and Service Representatives to reproduce reported errors
- Update test instructions for design changes
- Perform Post-production product testing
- Report testing results
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a strong plus
- Four years’ experience in scientific instrument development, operation and verification, or equivalent relevant experience
- Ion Chromatography experience is a strong plus
- Proven ability to successfully lead a testing team through a significant product development project
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
·Proficient in Chromeleon 7 Instrument Control Methods, Automation Techniques, and Quantitation is a plus
- Proficient in Test Methodology development, automation, and archiving
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.