When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Works in/with production on testing, repairing, assembling, and setup of electronic circuitry/electro mechanical equipment, final assemblies, and with Customer Service, Supply Chain and R&D to ensure delivery of a safe and high quality product. Use process improvement tools to optimize processes and instruments in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Read and understand electrical/electronic schematics
- Use various type of test equipment – Functional, DMM, PSU, Oscilloscopes, etc
- Provide support to production activities and to resolve manufacturing hold-ups, process Engineering Change Orders as needed
- Ability to read and interpret electronic/electrical schematics and mechanical assembly prints.
- Ability to operate various types of electronic equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to solder and de-solder state of the art electronic or electro-mechanical devices.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Ability to us Microsoft programs (word and excel)
- Ability to use other programs a plus
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
- 2-year degree electronic degree and/or equivalent experience (AAEE)
- 4-5 years related experience in PCBA board level and/or panel level troubleshooting and repair,
- Functional skills with common computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Able to write technical material; instructions, procedures, and complete first article documentation, etc.
- Experienced & knowledgeable with document control systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple departments.
- Team based work environment experience preferred
- Low volume, high mix manufacturing experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal, written, oral, communication and organizational skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all employee responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.