As the Director of Global eProcurement, you will work within the eSolutions team supporting Global Corporate eBusiness. You will deliver eProcurement projects that enable our customers to acquire products and services from Thermo Fisher Scientific online with ease and efficiency. In order to achieve this, you will partner with business stakeholders, technology teams, and technology service providers globally and in the geographies to run a portfolio of initiatives. As such, you must be able to comfortably navigate a matrix work environment with a global responsibility to support groups and divisions servicing both internal and external manufactured products and services.
You will be responsible for the global performance of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s eProcurement portfolio and capability, monitoring the quality of fulfillment service KPIs, cost and inventory performance. You will create and drive the global framework around fulfillment, customer transaction experience and eProcurement strategy. You will lead the creation of the multi-year strategic plan to ensure relevancy and innovation in eProcurement is aligned to business priorities and outcomes.
The Director of Global eProcurement will lead a team of project managers and manager(s) that currently deliver customer solutions utilizing four eCommerce platforms: (1) Thermo Fisher Scientific, (3) Fisher Scientific. The current team was newly formed in 2016 as common skills across the organization were brought together to perform a common function. This position will continue to leverage like skillsets and build a universal competency across the team to serve customers on across all platforms with a focus on simplification, leverage and organizational scale for company capability and growth.
- Lead cross-functional analysis of current operational processes and identify capabilities needed in order to meet future state service levels and maintain a healthy digital business
- Develop a detailed project plan (scope, resources, timeline, quality, and risk) for operational projects and successfully deliver key projects in collaboration with cross-functional teams and geographies
- Benchmark eProcurement capability to industry practices and trends to ensure operational alignment to business objectives
- Partner with IT Digital Technology Delivery team to develop, execute and operationalize an eProcurement solution for customers that perform transactions with Thermo Fisher Scientific (self manufactured) and Fisher Scientific (supplier aggregation) to achieve a one transaction, one invoice outcome improving the customer’s transactional experience
- Act as lead for vendor management of eProcurement Marketplace relationship to ensure Thermo Fisher Scientific and Fisher Scientific products and services are in the top search and availability for our customers
- Work to strengthen key vendor relationships through the use of reviews, performance scorecards to ensure year-over-year value
- Leverage vendor management, eProcurement and eSourcing tools (e.g. SRM, SAP, Ariba, spend analysis tools)
- Develop, implement and maintain “best-in-class” eProcurement strategy and operational models appropriate to deliver high and consistent service levels to the end customer
- Establish and implement short and long-term organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies and operating procedures
- Responsible and accountable for eProcurement AOP
- Leverage our scientific expertise and transactional excellence to demonstrate our value in our customer’s eProcurement experience
- Ownership for end-to-end Customer Order Fulfillment, with responsibility for delivering world-class customer experience working collaboratively across organizational boundaries to ensure high and consistent customer allegiance
- Develop and grow eProcurement staff, operational capability and efficiencies, foster career development
- Drive all key performance metrics
- Establish new key performance metrics that identify leading indicators of market changes
- Review and establish Marketplace vendor engagement specifications to optimize the number of vendor relations and criteria to required for preferred status
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Marketing/eCommerce/Business.
- Master’s Degree in Business
- 10+ years of experience in eCommerce, Business-to-Business and other electronic order fulfillment disciplines.
- 8+ years managing people and managers
- Proven ability to attract, lead, motivate and develop people
- Expertise managing operational and capital budgets >$1M
- Expertise in eProcurement solutions (ex. B2B/EDI/cXML/OCR and others)
- Dynamic, high-energy leader, effective communicator, problem solver and collaborator
- Results oriented, metrics driven leader with a root cause determination, remediation and continuous improvement approach.
- Proven ability to lead high-performance teams and build strong and lasting partnerships
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment