When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Duties and Responsibiliites
- The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates dependability, safety consciousness, productivity, and quality at or above standards. along with willingness to maintain flexibility and perform multiple warehouse functions as needed.
- Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction, and to meet customer needs.
- Convey finished goods from production area to warehouse storage or other designated areas by hand, hand truck, or fork lift.
- Assist in conveying raw material from staging area to production storage area or other designated areas by hand or fork lift.
- Sorts and places finished goods into pallet racks, onto hand stack rack shelves or designated floor areas according to a pre-determined sequence, such as size, type, and product code.
- Must learn to operate turret truck, order picker, and fork truck.
- Perform daily pre-trip inspection safety checks on powered industrial equipment prior to use.
- Report equipment problems to Supervisor.
- Practices good housekeeping and keeps work area organized, neat, clean, and orderly.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Decision Making Authority
- Recommends solutions to Supervisor on safety concerns, put away issues, and equipment outages.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School education or equivalent is preferred.
- Prior experience in shipping environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be willing to work weekday and weekend overtime as required
- Must be able to communicate information with others
- Must have good mathematical, basic problem solving, and organizational skills
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely
- Follow written standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Must have basic operating knowledge of fork trucks, order pickers, and turret trucks.
- Ability to work independently with occasional assistance.
- Ability to take ownership for general put away processes.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
(1) Physical Activities:
Balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching,
standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions.
(2) Level of Physical Requirements:
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
(3) Level of Visual Acuity:
Mobile Equipment Operators: This is a minimum standard for use with those who operate trucks, forklifts, cranes, and high lift equipment.
(4) Environmental Conditions:
The worker is subject to extreme heat: Temperatures above 100 degrees for period of more than one hour - may occur during summer months on occasion.