Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for active participation in the Southern LSMS sales support team and to achieve their identified goals and participate in achievement of the team goals.
- Provides high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support working closely and primarily with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, the chrom sales support team, service and sales. When developing applications and performing customer demonstrations will ensure that methods developed and best practices are shared with other members of the team and the responsible manager.
- Ensures training activities are provided to the customer in a timely manner while focussing on customer satisfaction and on a continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer. Personally responsible for the relationship with the customer.
- Participate in the development of training materials and programs in cooperation with sales, factory, service and marketing teams.
- Since business needs are constantly evolving must be responsive to, plan for and embrace change.
- Must make daily use of SalesForce.com (SFDC) to track activities which must be linked to opportunities so as to develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects and customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s interactions with them.
- Personally responsible to manage their allocated LSMS application/demonstration requests ensuring timely and efficient, top-class delivery of customer demonstrations and demo reports, application methods and apps notes, customer training and other activities working closely with sales colleagues and other responsible colleagues within the CMD organisation. Close co-operation with other product lines is required to make best use of available resources and customer requirements.
- Responsible to identify potential marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and apps projects and sharing such work/results with responsible manager.
- Communicate market intelligence and VOC information obtained during customer demonstrations and in the field to the responsible manager.
- Personally responsible for identifying training needs and ensuring that their capabilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales support team for the relevant product line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities associated with this role. The focus points might vary from individual to individual depending on their expertise and market requirements. Other activities and responsibilities not in the above list may well be required.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar
- Excellent relevant product line knowledge with several years hands-on LSMS product experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good self-organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region but frequently through Europe.
- Fluency in English is a must, additional Language skills are a positive asset
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Strong Customer Focus Skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Must be flexible and prepared to undertake tasks as required
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A good level of interpersonal and organizational skills