The DRP planner will be responsible for managing and optimizing the supply chain for their Primary Site portfolio globally. To accomplish this they will be expected to have a sophisticated understanding of the MRP settings, reports and parameters that drive system automation and a good grasp of nuances in item preferences and sourcing rules. A key part of the role involves continuously improving and optimizing the supply chain by applying their knowledge and analytical skills.
It is expected that the DRP planner will be capable of developing new processes and tools to enhance the function of the supply chain and to better achieve their goals. This will be done by working pro-actively with all relevant stakeholders. They should be capable of dealing with uncertainty, independently solving problems and able to lead projects of limited scope. Within the DRP team and wider planning community they should be subject matter experts on the supply chain for their portfolio and make significant contributions to any kaizens or projects they are involved in.
The DRP planner should be capable of creating and customizing reports to assist in the execution of their duties and to support related functions. They should be able to take existing processes, such as identifying rebalancing opportunities or stocking strategy reviews, and customize these to meet specific objectives or to add value through site specific knowledge.
A detailed understanding of the key performance indicators related to their role is required and these should be monitored as part of the ongoing optimization of their portfolio.
The key performance indicators in this role include LIFR (Line Item Fill Rate), BO (Backorders), DOS (Days of Supply) and Inventory Health metrics.
- Planning and executing global intercompany movements of finished goods, including analysis and identification of hedge movements.
- Pro-actively finds and resolves supply chain issues by working with internal customers.
- Executes stocking strategy reviews, aged inventory analysis and rebalancing exercises with the ability to customize these processes to meet particular objectives and site needs.
- Pro-actively manages availability, backorders and surrounding processes.
- Develops appropriate SKU setup procedures, initiates planning data audits and clean up.
- Ability to manage item groups including ASCP functionality, cascading, etc.
- Creates new processes to meet site specific requirements.
- Subject Matter Expert for DRP projects and regression testing.
- Subject Matter Expert for DRP training.
- Develops and analyses reports and complex data sets to support the above activities.
- Knowledge and skills acquired through the successful completion of a Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a supply chain role.
- Excellent comprehension of supply chain concepts gained through working in a supply chain role, including material flow, inventory management and distribution planning.
- Results driven with a proven track record of achieving/ exceeding departmental objectives
- Extremely proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Access, and able to quickly learn internal IT systems, (E1, Agile EDMS, ASCP, etc.)
- Familiarity with ERP systems and their supply chain planning functions.
- Strong customer service focus and demonstrated ability to take ownership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience in planning, logistics or purchasing.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to work in Microsoft Access preferred.
- Ability to develop great working relationships and build strong internal networks to support business activities.